- Society needs a "radical transfer of power" for medical equity.
- Britain sets a new record on late-term abortions last year, with 3000 children over 20 weeks gestational age being aborted, the Daily Telegraph reports. The official statistics show that the great majority of these abortions were for what is termed "lifestyle reasons."
- "NICE" -National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence - in Britain also supports euthanasia - Full scale of euthanasia in Britain. Fury as number of 'assisted deaths' claimed to be 18000.
- Berwick "One Man Death Panel"
- Medical quality today decided by skin color. Berwick, highlights race as a factor in health care reform. “It’s still true that race, minority race, especially being black in our country, is the strongest critique that we have about health,” said Berwick.
- Prostate cancer mortality is 604 percent higher in the U.K. and 457 percent higher in Norway than U.S.
- Americans have better access to treatment for chronic diseases than patients in other developed countries. Some 56 percent of Americans who could benefit are taking statins, which reduce cholesterol and protect against heart disease. By comparison, of those patients who could benefit from these drugs, only 36 percent of the Dutch, 29 percent of the Swiss, 26 percent of Germans, 23 percent of Britons and 17 percent of Italians receive them. From http://www.ncpa.org/pub/ba649
- Americans spend less time waiting for care than patients in Canada and the U.K
- People in countries with more government control of health care are highly dissatisfied and believe reform is needed. More than 70 percent of German, Canadian, Australian, New Zealand and British adults say their health system needs either "fundamental change" or "complete rebuilding
- Americans have much better access to important new technologies like medical imaging than patients in Canada or the U.K.
- Americans are responsible for the vast majority of all health care innovations
- Berwick will now spear head efforts to cut $500 billion in Medicare and Medicaid programs
- Berwick, a leading advocate of rationing health care. He favors rationing “with our eyes open.”
- Berwick believes that ultrasounds in normal pregnancies and cesarean sections amount to an “assault” and wants to cut prenatal care programs.
- Berwick has repeatedly expressed his support for a single-payer healthcare system. Berwick has stated that if he could “wave a wand…
* Health care is a common good – single payer, speaking and buying for the common good;* Health care is a human right – universality is a non-negotiable starting place;* Justice is a prerequisite to health –equity is a primary quality goal.” From Maryantandrave.com
- Berwick doesn’t trust the free market. “Don’t trust market forces,” Trust “leaders with plans.”
- Berwick will cut preventative care in cases such as mammograms and ultrasounds.
- On “End of Life Care,” Berwick stated in a 1993 speech that “only a minority of patients, families, and clinicians support prolonged use of life-sustaining procedures and dramatic interventions in the terminal states of illness, yet substantial use of these procedures continue.”
Monday, July 12, 2010
Friday, July 09, 2010
Beware When All Men Speak Well Of You
Lebron James does not have to worry about all men speaking well of him after his gut wrenching decision last night to leave the Cleveland Cavaliers for the Miami Heat.
Lebron lived and played, and prayed in my home town of Akron, Ohio before making it to the pros as a Jordan-class phenom who skipped college in order to start in Cleveland, a mere 30 miles north of Akron. His welfare mother, Gloria, insisted that Lebron be schooled in the Catholic Saint Vincent-Saint Mary parochial schools provided by both Catholic and State monies. Lebron's mom recognized that her cute, yet fatherless, little boy would have little chance of succeeding - in anything - if left to the monstrous public school system.
It has been pure mayhem in the Akron/Cleveland and statewide media for the last few months (since the Cavs blew Game 5 of the NBA Championships). Gigantic building banners, billboards, commercials, Lebronathons, Lebron parties at stadiums and bars and every sort of grovelling imaginable, exhibited in order to tempt and seduce Lebron to stay in Ohio. Disgusting!
Everyone from President Obama, to Ohio Governor Ted Strickland to Akron Mayor Don have been begging, pleading, and even "singing" Please, Don't Go Lebron videos (which have been mysteriously removed from the net), in order to keep the Billion Dollar Baby in Ohio. However, Lebron is no baby. He just wants a championship, and now with Lebron sidling up with fellow Miami Heatians Chris Bosh and Dwayne Wade, a super trio has been formed which will triple our pleasure. Look for more 140 point games.
As Lebron was interviewed on ESPN, one could tell that it was torturous for him to make the final choice on where to play, which was not decided until yesterday morning. Shame on Clevelanders for already calling him an idiot and traitor consumed by a monstrous ego. The man is far more humble than we give credit. He's taking a 30 million dollar pay cut to join his buddies Wade and Bosh - who as a matter of fact - do not mind sharing the ball, or the glory. The speculation had always been "hot shot" Lebron would have to have the ball pried out of his cold, dead hands in order for a teammate to participate in the shootin' match. They just don't know Lebron.
It was complained before "The Decision" that Lebron could never share the court with fellow ball hogs like Bosh and Wade, who has always been described as a devout Christian. The day before Lebron left for Connecticut to make The Decision he was scrimmaging at his old High School St Vincent-St. Mary, no doubt, to gather some of his thoughts at the place where the magic (actually blessing) began for him earlier in his yet short life.
The Mayor of Akron, Don Plusquellic, fully engaged in Lebron-worship attitude, moseyed up to the Catholic school hoping to impress Lebron to stay in his hometown of Akron, but the Stage Door Donny was not successful.
I hope the best for Lebron, who was visibly shaken at his interview, and I am relieved that the endless Lebronathon has ended. Maybe, Northeastern Ohio can start concentrating on allowing for the creation of jobs, in lieu of Lebron, to reignite the economy by neutering the over powerful unions here and neutering the excessive taxation on business.
[PS I do wish Lebron would get a little Divine nudge (if he's listening) and make it legal with his girlfriend - at least for the sake of his two beautiful children, and the lovely lady]
Tuesday, July 06, 2010
As Senators [Amy Klobuchar, Minnesota] joke about whether Elena Kagan had seen or not the latest teen-sex-vampire movie Eclipse, or "what did you do on Christmas" [Lindsay Graham, S. Carolina], there really are much more serious things think about Elena Kagan. Orrin Hatch even informed Elena Kagan that "hell is not boring." Ha Ha Ha.
Like: Why did she forge an opinion into a scientific document written by the American medical community which falsely stated that live birth abortion “may be the best or most appropriate procedure in a particular circumstance to save the life or preserve the health of a woman?”
Like: Elena Kagan may love women a bit too much since her rampage to help oust Obama's chief economic advisor Larry Summers at Harvard because he "cited that there were differences between men and women."
LIke: Kagan refused to punish minority plagiariser at Harvard for obious reasons. The were minority plagiarisers.
Like: Kagan blocked military recruitment at Harvard, yet she told the Senate hearing that "she reveres the military."
Like: Elena Kagan wanting to shut down gun shows and comparing the NRA with the KKK.
Like: Kagan's "dim view" of the First Amendment, admitting that certain speech should not be free.
Elena Kagan is playing these Senators, including the Repubs. Remember in coming Novembers the Republicans who vote for Elena Kagan, then forget them. They can share their legacies with Arlen Specter.
Saturday, July 03, 2010
We have seen how the homosexual lobby has been able to whip the President around to their liking. . . After several meetings and press conferences where they heckled, jeered, and shouted-out at him, getting him over the barrel so to speak, he proceeded to get on his knees before them and hurry the suspension of the Don't Ask Don't Tell policy so that buggery might be officially accepted in our American armed forces. It really did not take all that much prodding for the gays to ramrod their agendas into Presidential policy making.
If only Obama had even attempted to listen half as much to Tea Partiers and Republicans during the Health Care debates and other more important matters of state.
Even more financially engorged than the Gay Lobby must be EPA advocates like the Sierra Club, Audubon Society, Green Peace and other super rich libs who
enjoy vacationing in their own remote cabins on God's green earth and woods, while despising a middle class which would also like a mountain hideaway, except that the socialism-soaked environmentally ill people would like to eliminate middle income people. Poor folks are more controllable (they think) , except for those in the crime ridden inner cities.
The BP oil spill, seems to be no big thing to the Environmentally Ill because it has been the obvious lever to tilt Obama toward his campaign promises of "skyrocketing the cost of energy," and "bankrupting coal."
As we enter into the third month of the Big Spill in the Gulf,we are finding out how the EPA and other associated Fedgov bureaucracies have deliberately sabotaged most attempts to clean up ocean and beach oil. The Governor of Alabama is one among many frustrated by the EPA's denial of clean-up tools, including the use of the Taiwanese monster ship "Whale," which is capable of skimming up a whopping 500,000 barrels of oil per day. Because the purity of the processed water exiting the ship would not be over 99 percent pure, the EPA has harpooned the Whale's mission, tying it to some dock in Norfolk for over a week. The EPA prohibited the Alabama governor's attempts to merely manually dig up sludge off the beach. The tar ball retrieval method was not being done according to EPA specs.
Hundreds of other methods of proven and experimental oil clean-up has been deep-sixed by the EPA because they obviously don't want the Gulf cleaned up. Early cleanup of the Gulf may revive off coast and Alaskan oil drilling. And you know, bureaucrats need "make -do" and "busywork" so they can exercise a little clout (actually a lot) and most importantly - perpetuate their jobs in the government and promote their prestige with Hollywood, Rachel Maddow, The Huffington Kos, and the NY Times, as well as the Associated Press.
Since 1970, when the EPA started as a worthwhile endeavor it has grown to such a behemoth that they have us believing that 380 parts per million carbon dioxide in the atmosphere is poisoning the planet. "You Give Me Fever" Al Gore has sung - for more reasons than one.
The list is endless that indicts the EPA for criminal overreach into our lives and pocketbooks. Don't run your lawn more. Don't make a campfire. Don't water the crops because of a rat. Don't dig a drainage ditch. That's no puddle, that's a Wetland. Don't properly insulate the Shuttle with non EPA approved foam insulation that would prevent it from blowing up. . .
My small, overspent City of Akron Ohio, although totally governed by Democrats, has received no favors or benefits from the its fellow Dems in the liberal-loved EPA which has caused the city to unnecessarily upgrade its sewage system to the tune of a couple of hundred million dollars. The EPA, I believe, has deliberately demanded impossible to attain amounts of purity from the earth and air - and they know it! Conservatives, Republicans, and Tea Partiers have fought the folly of Cap and Trade to the bone, but its not over until the EPA itself has been neutered. Why not send them, and the Sierra Club, Off To Alaska to live under BP's oil pipeline? They can have the Caribou keep them warm. My next choice would be a Gulag.
Even the United Nations is abandoning the Climate Change scam, formerly the Global Warming scam and knee-jerk liberalism for its new cause - Biodiversity. Will they fool us again?
If the Sierra Club's real goal is to depopulate, they are well on track to do so.